Our Project for sale.
The AT-301 is widely used for agricultural work and was manufactured by Air Tractor in the US since 1976. The original engine was a P&W R-1340 designed in the 20th of the last century. Although the production numbers were rather high over the years, the fuel consumption and the spare part availability became a real obstacle as the aircraft earns money when in the air. With 100 LL prices in the area of 0.30 $/gal in the 70th, the engine did it’s job and everybody was happy.
Climate and fuel prices change, the job still is the same, costs and competition rise. It’s time to check where costs could be reduced. The RED A03 was the positive answer. A significant lower fuel consumption, Jet-A instead of AvGas, about the same power range – that looked like a real promising challenge.
The RED 301 combines high agility with high endurence, allowing the operator to use a large windows for fuel-to-payload considerations.
The key features:
- More than 50% lower fuel burn compared to turbine.
- Minimized unscheduled downtime.
70% lower CO2emissions compared to turbine engines.
- Reduced noise, higher thermodynamic efficiency.
- High safety features incorporated in the design.
- Certified by EASA, FAA, FATA & others
- Increasing the operation safety while having a detailed diagnostic and failure prediction in advance.
- New technology that brings the Air Tractor up to date, extending sustainable considerations to the life cycle of the existing airframe.
- Sustainable aviation fuel possibilities.
KEY ADVANTAGES COMPARED TO PISTON ENGINES
|Certified to use aviation kerosene, Jet-A1 or Diesel Fuel|
|Significantly higher continuous and maximum take-off power rating, than other piston engines on the market.|
|Potential increase of aircraft payload, maximum operation speed and range.|
|Potential shorter runway & on-route climb time.|
|Better hot & high condition performance.|
|20-40% lower fuel consumption positively impact the fuel operation costs.|
|Digital engine control (FADEC) certified to HW/SW DAL B standard.|
KEY ADVANTAGES COMPARED TO TURBINE ENGINES
|Significant better fuel efficiency and result in reduction of fuel operation costs.|
|Potential increase of maximum flight range, due to much lower fuel consumption.|
|Even more efficient engine operation at lower altitudes.|
|MRO cost reduction.|
|Potential to use shorter runway. due to non- existing spool-uptime|
|Generally better hot & high performance, compared to non derated turbines.|
|Lower noise and exhaust gas emissions.|
- The technical implementation is done and documented.
- The aircraft flies under Permit to Fly, owner operation and can be used over it’s own ground.
- The engine manufacturer support is safe and secure. Other projects in the area require service networks as well.
- For an unlimited operation, the STC process needs to be completed and requires a project partner to continou the regulative part and flight reporting. There are very little changes in W&B so flight reports may be moderate.
- DER and DAR have accompanied the project from the beginning. Contact information can be shared.
- AT 301 and 401 can be combined based on DER feedback
- STC-Holder hast to support with outstanding calculations, drawings and reports on FAA request, as well as flight testing.
- The STC-Holder may monetise his invest internationally as an impressive number of AT-301 and AT-401 are operated in other countries as well.
Stll, at this moment he aircraft flies under Permit to Fly, owner operation and can be used over it’s own ground.
Technical Data (requires
Normal spray speed
USD xxx,xxx.00 ex airfield in