The RED A03-200 series is a derivative of the proven RED A03-003 engine model, developed for very high-altitude operation. This variant can be combined with the 500 and 550 hp power versions.
The 200-Series is equiped with the NORMAL category gearbox as the complexity of the aerobatic oil distribution is rather uncommon in high altitudes.
Key Operational Features
- Developed for very high altitude operation
- up to 15 km – FL500
- MCP rating – 460 SHP at FL250
- High altitude restart capability
- Digital FADEC for unmanned operation
- Dry-sump oil system.
- Integrated engine oil and gearbox oil tank.
- Integrated engine oil and gearbox oil heat exchanger.
- Designed for lean maintenance.
- FADEC & electric looms
- Engine starter
- Engine and gearbox oil subsystem
- incl. oil tank and heat exchanger
- Exhaust system and turbochargers
- propeller governor
- engine display
- fuel boost pumps and regulators
|No. of cyl and arrangement|
|Bore & stroke|
|Valves per cylinder|
|Dry mass with normal/utility gearbox|
|Fuel Flow take-off power|
|Fuel Flow MCP|
|Fuel Flow 400 hp|
|Fuel Flow 300 hp|
|Engine control system|
|V12 – 80°|
|Jet A1, kerosene type fuels acc. to ASTM D1655, Def Stan 91-91 and GOST 10227 up to a maximum ignition delay time of 8.06 ms/minimum derived cetane number of 27.9 (determined according EN 15195/ASTM D6890)|
|500 hp – 368 kW/4,000 rpm|
|550 hp – 405 kW/4,000 rpm|
|372 CUI – 6.1 l|
|3.38″x3.46″ – 86×88 mm|
|gear driven dual overhead camshaft|
|Common rail high preasure system 1,600 bar – 23,206 psi|
|2x28V 3.5 kW alternator|
|390 kg – 860 lbs|
|85 KG/H – 187 lbs/h|
|77 KG/H – 169 lbs/h|
|65 KG/H – 143 lbs/h|
|47 KG/H – 103 lbs/h|
|FADEC, EECU, EECS, sensors, Design Assurance Level B cert. compliant RTCA DO-254, DO-178B, DO-160G|