V12 four-stroke compression-ignition piston engine burning Jet-A fuel. Just a few words but they transport the passion driving us to design this engine for your mission. The core RED A03 is a lightweight, full aluminium, reciprocating-type internal combustion engine in V configuration, having two cylinder banks each comprising six cylinders. The cylinder bank angle is 80°, and the total engine displacement is 6,100 cm3. The EASA certified power range is 500 HP or 550 HP. 600 HP are possible on request.
Compared to piston engines
- Certified to use aviation kerosene, Jet-A1
- 20-40% lower fuel consumption, positively impact the fuel operation costs.
- Sustainable Aviation Fuel capabilities
- World wide fuel availability compared to gasoline eninges
- Better hot & high performance
- Digital engine control (FADEC) certified to HW/SW DAL B standard
- Significantly higher continuous and maximum take-off power rating than other piston engines on the market.
- Potential increase of aircraft payload, maximum operation speed and range
- Potential shorter runway & on-route climb time
Compared to turbine engines
- Significantly better fuel efficiency and result in reduction of fuel operation costs
- Up to 50% lower fuel consumption, positiv impact on the fuel operation costs.
- Potential increase of maximum flight range, due to much lower fuel consumption
- Even more efficient engine operation at lower altitudes
- MRO cost reduction
- Potential to use shorter runway, due to non-existing spool-up time
- Generally better hot & high performance, compared to non-derated turbines
- Lower noise and exhaust gas emissions
We are offering different versions of the engine to cover your particular mission purpose.
- RED engines are qualified for all categories-classes-types of CS-23 and CS-27 aircraft including:
- Innovation concepts from air taxis to helicopter.
- Aircraft for high altitude application. Details in the A03-200 section.
- LTA – Blimp – Airships
- Groundeffect and Hovercraft
- Maritime application
- Generators and eHybrid solutions, land- air- or sea-based
- Please contact us if you think about specific missions not listed here.